The importance of patience and impatience when hiring
This week, we talk about how both patience and impatience are important when hiring, how to learn new things, and more.
Topics this week:
- Tyler is reading The Great CEO Within.
- Rick shares some early sales wins.
- LegUp Health is learning about their ICP (Ideal Customer Profile).
- Tyler has been experiencing ups and downs when it comes to design, but overall has learned a lot the last two weeks.
- Rick is making Sunday a "no work" day.
- Less Annoying CRM is hiring, and Tyler thinks there needs to be more of a sense of urgency.
- Rick has set a quarterly goal, but it's about learning rather than hitting certain metrics.
- Rick has additional responsibilities at Windfall.
- Tyler shouts out a few products from Elgato, especially the low-profile mic arm.
- We compare starting a business when you're younger vs when you're older.
- Update from last episode: This is the compensation agreement Rick finalized with his first employee.