The perils of being dependent on a platform
This week we discuss the upsides and downsides of building on a platform you don't control.
Here are the topics we covered this week:
- Tyler has to decide between keeping his design consistent vs. optimizing each page's design for the content on that page.
- Rick has moved into a new house
- Tyler had his first meeting with the new mastermind group.
- Tyler gives updates on his ongoing Webflow project.
- We discuss the upsides and downsides of building a startup on tech platforms (e.g. no-code tools) as well as distribution platforms (e.g. the Shopify app store)
- We talk about how Covid might impact things for the rest of the year.
If you're a listener, we'd love to hear from you
Reach out to us via Twitter or email. We're happy to discuss past episodes or consider your topic ideas for future episodes.© Rick Lindquist and Tyler King