It's all about the updates
In this episode, we discuss PPP, taxes, winding down an old company, what types of optimizations are good for the customer, and more.
- Rick finished a project for a consulting client that probably won't get used. He talked about how deflating that feels, and how managers should be careful when doing this to employees.
- Less Annoying CRM just received money through the PPP and we discuss what should be done with the extra cash that frees up.
- Rick is dissolving one of his businesses as of July.
- Tyler reached a better understanding of when optimizations are good (i.e. everyone benefits) vs. when they're bad (i.e. the company makes money but the customer experience becomes worse)
- Rick's business taxes are done and we discussed the value of having an accountant who understands your unique needs.
- Tyler is thinking about moving Less Annoying CRM's marketing site to Webflow. We discussed the merits of building web sites in-house vs. using a third-party platform.
- Rick is looking into analytics tools to help understand user behavior.
- College students have been reaching out to Rick asking about internships for Startup to Last.
If you're a listener, we'd love to hear from you
Reach out to us via Twitter or email. We're happy to discuss past episodes or consider your topic ideas for future episodes.© Rick Lindquist and Tyler King